Jungle Birthday Party 1
by Alyssa F.
A jungle birthday party is a fun idea for ages 2 to 7. I've done one for my 6 year old and her friends, and they all absolutely loved it! To get started, decide where you're going to host the birthday.
If you have the space I would suggest this be a backyard party. Once you've chosen a place, get started planning the decorations! For this kind of party you need a lot of decorations or the theme won't be apparent.
There are so many creative decoration ideas you can come up with. You can:
* Put green and brown streamers everywhere.
* Put floating pool animals in the pool.
* Place some large stuffed animals around the backyard.
* Decorate with animal print balloons.
* Make invitations in the shapes of lions, monkeys, parrots, etc.
* Use leopard printed table cloths, napkins, plates, and cups.
* Get palm frond decorations (or real palm fronds if you live in a tropical state) and hang them from the walls.
* Get animal printed gift bags and fill them up with things like animal printed pencils, zebra and lion designed rubber ducks, mini animal bean bags, mini animal print notepads, and a small bag of animal crackers.
Jungle Theme Birthday Games and Activities
For a fun animal game, just put animal stickers on each childs back and have them ask everyone around them questions about their animal.
Questions must only be answered with "yes" or "no". Eventually each child will guess what animal they are.
Another fun game is animal charades. Get a pack of animal cards, or simply make your own by buying index cards and putting a picture of a different animal on each one.
Then, have each child one at a time draw a card and act out the animal that's on their card. The first child to guess it correctly gets to go next.
A fun requirement could be for all the guests to wear animal costumes. This can lead to so many more activity ideas if the kids are in costume!
Another great idea that my kids always love is to have a face painting station. Throughout the party the kids can get animal faces painted on their faces!
Jungle Birthday Theme Snacks
For the cake, it could be in the shape of a tiger, a zebra, a monkey or a giraffe. Great snacks for this party are banana splits, dried banana chips (available at health food stores), and animal crackers.
A great drink idea is "Jungle Punch" (really made from Hawaiian Punch). Just add little pieces of strawberry to it and put it in a big punch bowl!
A jungle birthday party theme can be really fun and creative and my daughter really liked hers. If it's in your budget you could mix things up by having the party at a petting farm or zoo instead to get a real animal experience! Categories: Kids
, Birthday Party Ideas