Easy Ice Cream Cake Recipe for Birthdays
by Melissa J.
(Vine Grove, KY)
Are you planning a birthday on a budget? If so the cake can be a huge expense and many times you can make your own. However sometimes the birthday boy or girl wants an ice cream cake and that can seem like an impossible task.
Never fear, I have an easy ice cream cake recipe that is super quick, super simple, and really delicious!
For just the price of a box of ice cream sandwiches, pudding, a jar of chocolate sauce, a tub of cool whip, and a handful of Oreo cookies you can have an awesome ice cream birthday cake your friends and family will love.
The Ice Cream Birthday Cake Recipe The cake will need to be prepared at least three hours before party time or preferably the day before. The only tricky part is you have to be very quick so your supplies do not melt on you.
1) First off take two huge scoops of Cool whip and put it in a bowl and mix it with your dry pudding mix.
2) Then put your Oreo cookies in a plastic bag and close the top and take your kitchen mallet and mush them to a fine consistency.
3) Add the smashed cookies to the Cool Whip and Pudding mixture and sit it to the side.
4) Get out your serving platter and lay down a layer of six Ice Cream Sandwiches.
5) Then top this with a layer of hot fudge sauce and the Cool Whip mixture. (Smooth it out the best you can, and use all of the mixture.)
6) Then top with the remaining six ice cream sandwiches. I then recommend if you have time to freeze for at least thirty minutes so everything stays solid.
7) Then you take your remaining Cool Whip and use it as an icing all over the cake you can really make it look pretty.
8) Then wrap it really loosely in Aluminum Foil and place it back in the freezer at least three hours.
When it's time pull your cake out of the freezer at birthday party time and enjoy all the compliments! I use this ice cream birthday cake recipe all the time and everyone always loves it.
Categories: All Birthday Party Ideas
Click here to post comments.
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Birthday Ideas.